7/30/10

juggling act



FRI 30/07/10
WOD- "crossfit total"
Total 1RM of the Squat
Shoulder Press
Deadlift

Tonight was my last night training at the old mac fields, and boy did i go out with a bang! This particular workout is a crossfit benchmark, one i missed throughout the week as you have probably guessed or been informed I've been quite busy lately.
On this particular Friday night i had a goal from the get go, total 1000lb minimum. First was the squat and after warming up and on my third attempt i nailed 4 plates a side, 180KG. Secondly was the shoulder press, my biggest attempt was 80kG, which i failed then i hit 70KG, then 75kg. Lastly with plenty of warm up i moved over to the deadlift, breezed through 180KG, hit 200KG (just) and failed on 210KG, but with a shout of joy realised that my grand total for tonight was ....


wait for it.....



1001lb... Oh my god i done it.

Anyway onto the reason why i haven't posted, actually no excuses, from now on ill try to post some little info, guidance, support or whatever daily.
So tonight I'll just leave you guys with a little new found info to help get you on the right track to a new PR in the deadlift. I'll just list as many cues as i can think of and if you remember them all you'll be fine
ARSE DOWN!!
KEEP IT CLOSE!!
BACK STRAIGHT!!
DRIVE WITH THE HEELS!!
ENGAGE THE WHOLE BACK!!
HOLD BREATH IN THE GUTS!!
PULL!!!!
JUST STAND UP!!
LIGHT WEIGHT!!
And last of all
AHHHH OOOTT, AHHHH OOOTT, AHHHH OOOTT

I hope this satisfies everyone for the mean time, tomorrow I'll post workout and some info on my ever evolving gym, and maybe a little on stretching

"Tough is not how you act, it's how you train" - Rickson Gracie

Good luck and "get some"

No comments:

Post a Comment